Friday, April 11, 2008

The only pretty ring time

Yesterday morning my daughter pointed out to me the pirate ships in our bushes. April in Virginia is a wishy-washy thing, being cool one minute and toasty the next. Thursday dawned cool and misty. In the bushes, brought into delicate outline by the moist air, was an entire fleet of ghostly galleons.







This pirate spider hung jewels in it's sails.



Sometimes leaving fall's twiggy weeds isn't such a bad idea if it brings a fleet of pirate spiders, eh? I am fascinated with the different types of webs spiders make. I wonder if we have a huge family of arachnids, or if just a few spiders set a whole lot of traps. Last year we had several of the large black and yellow garden spiders in the same area. I was tickled when the kids decided they were friends and looked for them every morning instead of running from the silver dollar sized critters.

And these are the creepy misty woods across the street. We actually live in a regular house-full subdivision, but we're on the inside bottom edge of a U shaped street, so no neighbors directly across. Makes for very picturesque views of the seasons.





I finally finished my sister's scarf. Here's a closeup of my pins and string...


And here is the finished product...


I love how it turned out... clocking lace really is an amazing thing. I had switched knitting styles once I was comfortable with the pattern, and was so into just the doing of it, I didn't notice that my gague had gone all wonky because of it. Blocking cured everything. Sweet!



So pretty, and knit in the Classic Elite Alpaca Sox, sooo buttery soft to knit with.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com